Abbotsford Community Centre (ACC) is a not-for-profit Centre that offers before and after school care as well as vacation care.
We are located in the grounds of Abbotsford Public School. ACC is licensed to accommodate 150 children.
ACC is on the lookout for a Cook to join our team. ACC is passionate about further supporting our children to know and
understand the importance and benefits of healthy choices and nutritious meals. The position hours could be between 15 – 20
hours per week, permanent part time Monday to Friday.
The Role / Responsibilities
As the Centre Cook, you will;
• Develop and review a four-week rotational menu for the children. The menus would be displayed in accordance with
the Children and Adolescence Nutritional Guidelines of Australia.
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks for children in accordance with the National Food Safety Standards of
Australia and the Centre’s Food Safety policy.
• Ensure all requirements of children with allergies, intolerances, and other dietary needs are met within menu plan
• Source cost effective and quality products and suppliers within the allocated budget.
• Maintain a clean and hygienic area for the preparation and service of food.
• Be responsible for all record keeping in relation to regulations and food safety audits.
• Engage with educators & children on a regular basis and sharing your knowledge on healthy/nutritional food and
• Ensure presentation of food is appealing and exciting for children.
Qualifications and certifications
• Certification in Safety in Food Handling, Food and Menu planning.
• Current Working with Children check.
• Relevant qualification in relation to health, hygiene and safe food practices and menu planning.
• COVID-19 vaccination or medical contraindication
• Completed First Aid (HLTAID012/004) Asthma and Anaphylaxis training (willing to obtain)
• Accredited Child Protection (CHCPRT001) (willing to obtain)
• National Quality Framework, Regulations and Standards.
• Framework for School Aged Children My Time, Our Place and its role in planning, implementing and evaluating
programs and activities.
• OOSH operations.
Skills and experience
• Experience working in an OOSH, childcare or school setting.
• Experience in bulk meal preparation, online ordering, stock management and budget control.
• Experience in the preparation of high quality, nutritious food whilst maintaining a high standard of food safety.
• Effective written and verbal communication.
• Experience preparing meals that reflect individual dietary requirements and allergy safe food.
• Experience in preparing food for large groups.
• Above award hourly rates.
• Supportive team environment and management committee.
• Great community and school.
• Close to transport.
Please attach a cover letter with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9713 1608.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 17th July 2022