Types of Training
Network’s training program addresses quality care issues and promotes best practice that is sustainable for all involved in OOSH – children, staff, committees, family, and community.
All training sessions on offer will assist towards meeting the Quality Areas in the National Quality Framework and contribute to your centre’s successful implementation of the Regulations, Quality Standards and My Time, Our Place Framework for School Age Care.
Training is conducted in metropolitan, regional and rural locations across NSW. We make every effort to cover as much geographical area as possible. In response to the sector’s needs Network has scheduled half day, evening and full day sessions. For practitioners in rural and regional areas, country weekend residentials are held 2-3 times a year.
Network also offers webinar training sessions allowing rural and remote services to access training as well as others who are unable to travel to sessions or those who simply want a short overview of a topic, with the opportunity to discuss ideas with OOSH colleagues from all over NSW.
Customised training can be:
- offered for all levels of management and staff at your workplace
- provided for parent information sessions
- tailored to suit your organisation’s needs
- delivered to your local network, region or local forum group for cost effectiveness
- scheduled during the daytime, evening or weekend to suit your group’s needs
Customised Training provides beneficial in-servicing for all so that you can keep abreast of new developments, skills and ideas. These courses do not receive funding and are run on a cost recovery basis.
Suggested topics for customised training
- NQF and My Time, Our Place
- Planning for positive behaviour
- Nutrition and food handling in OOSH
- Children’s Growth and Development
- Policies and Procedures
- Quality in OOSH
- Working in Partnership with Families
- Play and Leisure
- Quality Programming
- Effective Communication
or choose your own topic from courses on our training calendar.
New courses can be developed to suit your needs, in which case our quote will include a cost for course development.
How to organise customised training:
- Select a workshop or course from the Network Training Calendar, from the topics mentioned above or gather training needs and ideas from your workplace
- Telephone or email the Coordinator, Training Operations at Network to discuss your training needs OR fill in the customised training request form below.
- A quote will be faxed or emailed to you within 7 days outlining the content and cost. Please note costs vary according to number of course hours, preparation time for new workshops, travel time and expenses.
- If you wish to proceed, please telephone, fax or email the Network office to confirm all the details.
- Please read the customised training terms and conditions before confirming your quote.
Network of Community Activities is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). National Provider Number: 90537.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) is based on nationally endorsed competency standards in National Training Packages. As an RTO, Network is able to deliver and assess units of competence and qualifications at Certificate IV and Diploma level and issue the associated Qualifications and Statements of Attainment. Network’s Accredited Training provides opportunities for participants to complete one or more units that will contribute towards completion of a qualification, add to their existing qualifications, or use a combination of methods to complete a full qualification through a recognition pathway.
Network has developed a Recognition Pathway for the three qualifications. Recognition includes Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Recognition of Current Competency (RCC). The Recognition pathway allows candidates to use their existing knowledge and skills to demonstrate competency against the qualifications.
Network’s scope of registration includes:
- Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care CHC40113
- Diploma of School Age Education and Care CHC50213
Network offers some individual accredited units as part of our training calendar, which is updated every 6 months. Participants can attend these sessions and then complete assessment tasks to receive a Statement of Attainment. Look for the Nationally Recognised Training (NRT) logo.