Reflective practice is a concept many Educators struggle with… to sum up reflective practice is
- Exploring an issue in your work with children
- Thinking about the situation
- Drawing conclusions inform or improve practice
Educators can do this in many ways including: –
- Educator’s reflective journals
- Meetings and educators discussions
- Mentoring and one-on-one discussions with other Educators.
- Professional development – when was the last time you took time out to think & reflect on your work– PD allows you to do this.
- Action research – is a great way to explore a topic and get feedback
Reflective practice is vital in understanding our work with children….