Tips & Techniques for Educators
Educators self awareness & reflection
Your role as an Educator is maximising children’s play experiences, and in order to do this successfully, Educators need to reflect on what inspires you to work with children….
- What motivates you about working in OOSH?
- Why did you choose to become an Educator?
- What is rewarding about being an Educator?
Working together… 7 good teamwork specifications:
- Good communication between team members
- There are clearly defined roles, tasks & responsibilities for every team member
- Interactions between Educators is playful & respectful
- Tasks are shared according to skills
- Educators trust each other personally & professionally
- All Educators are encourages to share ideas, contribute to programme planning, evaluation and suggestions are valued
- Team members feel able to make occasional mistakes and learn form them without fear of retribution
How well does your team work?