Jobs in OSHC Centres
Please note: Network of Community Activities provides this service to the OOSH sector. Network of Community Activities takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the advertisements listed. Please contact the advertiser directly if you require further information about a position.
Network strongly recommends that you never rely on interview alone to place a staff member. You must also check references – download our “Guide to Checking References” for information.
Click on the title to go to the advertisement (or just scroll down)
Operations Manager – Fun Clubs
Big Fat Smile
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Corrimal Location
Big Fat Smile is a values-led organisation. Its vision is that we enrich the lives and minds of children and families in their community. Our values are Inclusion, Integrity, Safety, Child-centric, Collaboration and Leadership.
We are a not for profit, community owned, non government organisation which provides high quality care and education for children, national and state wide inclusion services as part of a National Consortia and operate many community based services to children and families. These include transition to school and supported playgroups.
The Operations Manager – Fun Clubs is responsible for managing the company’s OOSH Services. The role will oversee all operational functions of their portfolio, including compliance, quality, financial management and strategic planning. The successful candidate will be one that possesses drive, passion and initiative to identify opportunities to grown the portfolio and contribute to organisational sustainability. They enjoy juggling a large number of concurrent tasks, are passionate about leading a team and is prepared to roll up their sleeves and work hands-on.
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education (recognised by ACECQA), BOSTES/NESA registration
- Maintain a valid paid Working with Children Check through the Office of the Children’s Guardian
- Maintain a current Drivers Licence
- A cleared National Criminal Record Check
- Proven leadership, management and relationship building skills
- Extensive Centre Director and Operations experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Qualify Framework & My Time Our Place
- Proven project management experience including the co-ordination of a large number of concurrent tasks
- Demonstrated experience with areas such as marketing, strategic planning, financial analysis, product and sales management in the Child Care Industry sector
- High level coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience in business design
- Demonstrated experience and success with financial management
To apply for this position go to: https://big-fat-smile-group-ltd.breezy.hr/p/e196cf942ebf-operations-manager-fun-clubs-oosh
Centre Assistant Coordinator
Lapstone OOSH and Kidzone Vacation Care
Lapstone Out of School Hours Care is a not- for-profit community run organisation operating within the grounds of Lapstone Primary School. We offer before school, after school and vacation care for children aged 4-12, providing high quality care within a warm, engaging and entertaining environment.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Coordinator with strong leadership skills and a clear passion for working with children to complete our team. You will be working with our Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator and passionate staff to provide high quality care for over 50 children.
The role involves a wide range of responsibilities including facilitating the program on the floor, leading and supporting staff, meeting the needs of a varied group of children, building positive relationships with families, contributing to programming, fulfilling industry standards of quality care, among others.
This is a permanent part time shared position, working up to 20 hours each week. You will need to be available in the afternoons, as the role will initially involve four afternoon shifts each week.
Ideally, you will have experience working in a senior/leadership role within a child care service however, this role would also suit someone who has worked in family day care or education. It may also suit someone with an administrative background who is looking to move into the child care industry.
Although it is highly desirable, you do not need formal child care qualifications however, you do need to be energetic and passionate about working with children and be looking to take on a leadership role. You will need to have excellent communication and time management skills. You will also need to provide a current Working With Children check and National Police Check.
It would also be desirable for you to have the following:
- Experience with QikKids, Word, Excel and Outlook;
- A working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and National Quality Standards;
- Skills in implementing positive behaviour management;
- Nominated Supervisor Certificate or willingness to obtain;
- Current certification in First Aid, Asthma & Anaphylaxis and CPR;
- Current certification in Child Protection.
Remuneration will be in accordance with the relevant Award and commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Please send your resume, together with a cover letter highlighting your experience and why you would be a great addition to our team, to The LOOSH Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact details for 2 referees.
Applications close 2 August 2019. Interviews will be conducted in the week commencing 12 August 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Nominated Supervisor: SMOOSH
(Permanent Full-Time )
* Permanent full-time position available
* South-Western Sydney locations
South Eastern Community Connect (SECC) is a community based not for profit organisation that has operated for over 40 years to support communities in a range of services programs and activities for children and families, community and aged care. SECC provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care for school aged children (5 – 12years) in the Bankstown and surrounding suburbs community and is expanding its services further within South Western Sydney communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Nominated Supervisor with a high level of people and communication skills and demonstrated experience working with children to join our Safe Multicultural Out of School Hours (SMOOSH) team. SECC offers a warm, caring and engaging environment for children, staff and families. We want the children in our care to feel at home while providing them with a secure environment to grow and learn.
About the role
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate and love working with children. You will demonstrate professionalism and ensure compliance with the NQF across all areas of your centres while creating a home away from home environment that is creative, warm and inviting.
You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
As the Nominated Supervisor you will lead and manage a vibrant team of Senior Educators and Educators, be the Nominated Supervisor and be in charge of the day to day running of centres.
• Ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
• Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
• Relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills
• Be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
• Confident professional with strong initiative
• Be reliable
• Displays emotional maturity and resilience
• AQF Advanced Diploma or Diploma in Early Education and Care or equivalent or relevant Degree or Early Childhood Education qualification
• Sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Children’s service.
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating a team
• Ability to direct the development, planning, implementation and review of innovative, stimulating, high quality programming for the service
• First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification or willingness to obtain
• Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
• Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
• Completion of DEC approved Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain
• Current driver’s licence
• Proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
• Demonstrable skills in conflict resolution and change management
• Thorough attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Be prepared to work split shifts as required
• Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience in facilitating group games and sports
• Knowledge of EEO, WH&S and Anti-Discrimination
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award, Level 6 with salary packaging available.
Employment at South Eastern Community Connect is conditional to a Criminal Records Check under the legislation and Working with Children Check.
For further information or a copy of the position description please contact Ashleigh Daines on (02) 8338 8506 Mon-Fri. Applicants must address the Essential Selection Criteria in their application and provide their CV to be eligible for an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
By email: Ashleigh Daines – email@example.com
Or by mail to:
South Eastern Community Connect
PO BOX 3007
Eastlakes NSW 2018
Please see our website: www.secc.sydney for more information about South Eastern Community Connect.
OOSH Assistant Co-ordinator – South Coogee – Above award
South Coogee Children’s Services is looking for a dynamic Assistant Coordinator to complete our team.
About The Role
This senior position is key to providing open communication and support for our families.
Your key responsibilities include maintaining positive relationships with our parents & families via communicating with emails & telephone conversations.
You will be in charge of accounts including enrolments, mentoring our vibrant energetic staff, ensuring our procedures & policies are embedded into our practice and have opportunities to use your creative flair to enhance the delivery of our program.
Our centre has a tremendous family warmth and we value all of our families. Customer service is our top priority and while we are looking for individuals with a sound understanding of computer software such as Microsoft word & excel – to us, being a people person who can fit into our culture is essential and that’s what matters most to our thriving team, families and centre!
Ideally we would love for you to have experience in working at a senior level in a childcare service and an understanding of Child Care Management System (CCMS) and Child Care Subsidy (CCS) but this role would also suit someone who has an adminisrative background, a keen eye for detail and an ability to think outside the box.
Training will be given by a supportive Director, a second Assistant coordinator and two Educational leaders so you will instantly feel included into our practices what it takes to work within the childcare sector.
Once you have been brought up to speed (three months) you will be our point of contact for our 370+ families. This is a large amount of families so if you are looking for a challenge, you have come to the right place.
You will receive all the support & guidance that you’ll need along the way, we even have a learning centre next door who we regularly collaborate and share ideas with.
We’re looking for a people that love working within a staff team and of course can be there for our children during the afternoons. The ability to manage daily tasks and seek solutions to our problems. The means being optimistic and resolve issues with haste!
Our twenty-four staff team need a mentor, someone who is willing to put in the time to be compassionate and understand emotional intelligence to get the best out of others. As you’ll be working with children, you will require a working with children check to ensure we keep our children safe.
You must have a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of our primary school aged children who range from ages 5-12, while we certainly need some to hold the fort to us, don’t be surprised if you receive a knock at your office door asking if you would like to take part in a soccer game, dance off or tea-party to break up your afternoon. This is a job in that no two days are the same!
Self-motivation is a key component and you will have the autonomy to prioritise your own tasks & projects such as holiday planning and programming, use of effective systems to guide staff and troubleshooting our childcare software Qikkids.
You must love supporting people. While you’ll be in charge of accounts and compliance, this isn’t a one-man band. Every one of our staff team plays their role collaboratively to ensure that we meet our objectives. Together.
You don’t need formal child care qualifications, however you do need to be passionate about children and actively want a career in the industry.
About Our Pay & Benefits
The right candidate will be rewarded, as you will be a valuable member of our team. A salary of $60,000-69,000 will be offered, based on your experience and what you can offer.
Work would be from 10am-6pm each day and would include minimum overtime as we meet as a team once per month until 8pm. Alternatively we can provide split shifts if this is more your style of work-life balance.
When its 6pm – it’s time to close the laptop as we don’t pay you to think past then. We believe a recharged employee is one that is more productive and happy. Did we mention we are 15 minutes from Coogee Beach?
Professional development training is available for you if you seek self-improvement within the industry, we want you to hang around! There will be consistent and open communication with yourself and the director, to ensure we are consistently meeting the expectations of our colleagues, as we do truly value the team!
If you would like to join Zac, Jack, Nicole, Anna, Chrissy, Sapphire, Blake, Gracie, Grace, Jono, Billie, Alex, Nick, Indi, Lily, Eileen, Georgia, Nubia, Brit, Paige, Jemma, Dana, Jalen, Oscar, River and Issy – we will make you feel welcome, involved and valued.
How to Apply
Introduce yourself to us. Send us a letter, call us, prove to us that your future lies at South Coogee.
Default cover letters won’t do. Tell us why you want this role! Tell us about:
• Why you want to work in a Senior role in childcare
• Your understanding of child care management system (CCMS) and Child care subsidy (CCS) – The ideal candidate will have the knowledge of these however if this is new to you, tell us about your previous job positions and responsibilities and what your daily life looked like in your last employment.
• A description of great customer service for a large volume of customers or families.
• Your ability to work in a team and your past experiences to support this.
• What motivates you?
Send through your resumes and we will be accepting applications until 30th July. If you’re successful, you’ll be invited for an interview to see if you will be the perfect fit to our team.
Call us on 93448463 at anytime.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Darlington Aftercare is growing our team and have an amazing opportunity for a passionate, motivated, leader who loves working with children and developing their skills in a fun play-based learning environment.
Darlington Aftercare is a P&C run OOSH service with a capacity of 100 children. We have our own space within the school and have an amazing community supporting our service.
Darlington Aftercare is based in Chippendale, conveniently located 6-minute walk from Redfern train station
We aim to provide a friendly, safe, stimulating and fun environment for children. We promote equity for all stakeholders. Working with our community to develop a program that meets their needs.
We’re looking for an Assistant Coordinator to join our team.
As the Assistant Coordinator you will work with the Director to complete admin tasks, manage the daily routine and incorporate fun child driven programs based on their interests and passions.
We work closely with our community so you will have many opportunities to network with the school, families of the service and other industry professionals.
- Educational Leader
- Aiding with the daily routine of the service
- WH&S management
- Supporting director
We have an amazing team culture and offer high-quality personal development with a great location, flexible work conditions allowing a great work life balance.
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Education Support or School Education and Care; Or
- Diploma in Children’s Services or Early Childhood Education and Care
- Valid Working with Children check
- First Aid including CPR, anaphylaxis, and asthma management (HTLAID004)
- CHCPRT001 – Identify & Respond to Children and Young People at Risk
- Full ongoing availability Mon – Fri.
- Strong organisational skills and time management.
How to apply
If you would like more information or apply for this position, please email the service.
Thomas Eden (Director)