Jobs in OSHC Centres
Please note: Network of Community Activities provides this service to the OOSH sector. Network of Community Activities takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the advertisements listed. Please contact the advertiser directly if you require further information about a position.
Network strongly recommends that you never rely on interview alone to place a staff member. You must also check references – download our “Guide to Checking References” for information.
Grade: 2/5 (Certificate III Educators are grade 2, Diploma Educators are grade 5)
Weekly Hours: 15, 12
Grade 5: $29.25 -$31.88
Grade 2: $24.77 – $27.00
(plus allowances and superannuation)
About Orange City Council
Orange City Council is committed to making a positive contribution to both our region and our local community. With around 500 employees, we take pride in being both for and part of the Orange community. Our aim – to make Orange a better place to live today and tomorrow.
About the role
Orange OSHC provides before and after school care during school term and vacation care during school holidays for school aged children enrolled in infants and primary school (children aged 5-12 years).
OSHC provides a secure and happy place to get ready for school, or to wind down after school, in a safe and friendly environment. The program – developed with the participation of the children – is workshop and excursion-based with the focus on play, socialisation and learning activities. For more information about this service please visit our website HERE.
Working in a small team of three or four, you will be responsible for providing direct care and supervision to the children attending the service as well as undertaking the planning, implementation and evaluation of OSHC programs and play based learning, ensuring there is a variety of activities which are suitable to the individual needs and interests of the children and link to the My Time Our Place framework.
Your full list of responsibilities can be found in the position description.
So what do you need?
- Diploma in School Age Education and Care or a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (We would also be interested if you are working towards your diploma) or Certificate III in Education and Care Services (or working towards your Certificate III)
- Previous experience working with children aged 5-12 years
- Ability to work in accordance with the National Quality Standards (NQS), the National Quality Framework (NQF) and My Time, Our Place Framework for School Aged Children.
- A current NSW Working with Children Check clearance number
- A current Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting Certificate (HTLAID004) or equivalent
Note: The hours of these roles are:
Position 1: Monday to Friday 3pm – 6pm (During school term) – 15 hours
Position 2: Monday and Thursday 3pm – 6pm (During school term) – 12 hours
During school holidays you will receive a minimum of 15 or 12 (dependent on position) hours per week according to roster. Extra hours may be available.
To apply, please follow the prompts on our website which can be found at https://orangecitycouncil.elmotalent.com.au/careers/external/job/view/137
If you have any queries relating to this role, please contact Libby Linnegar on (02) 6393 8600
Applications close Sunday 29 March 2020
Please note: Where additional candidates are found suitable from this round of recruitment a talent list or pool may be created for filling any similar permanent or temporary roles that may become vacant over the next twelve months.
Coogee Care Centre
We are looking for a dynamic Centre Director. You will be managing a large (currently 270 places and growing) NFP centre managed by supportive parents. Coogee Care Centre is seeking an experienced and motivated Director to lead the organisation into its next phase of development. There is an energetic and progressive team in place and the centre operates from a dedicated space within Coogee Public School.
The position is well remunerated (well above ward) and excellent working conditions.
Essential criteria to be addressed as apart of application
- Experience in managing the day-to-day operation of a large OOSH service
- A deep understanding of implementation and compliance with the National Quality Framework
- Understanding of the current Child Care Subsidy legislation & implementation Committed & experienced in providing high quality of care
- Experience in all aspects of financial management including budgeting & enrolments and staffing arrangements
- Knowledge of service growth & experienced in Innovative ways to meet community demand
- Excellent communication & skilled in maintaining professional relationship with the school staff and administration to ensure positive outcomes for the centre
- Management experience in Leadinging &, motivating a dynamic team of Educators
- Qualifications relevant to School Age Care – Diploma as a minimum requirement.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28th February 2020
Detailed Job Description: