Jobs in OSHC Centres
✔ Permanent Part-Time Positions (up to 34 hours per week)
✔ Inner West Location, near public transport & great coffee!
✔ Above Award rates for the right candidate
✔ No vacation care- 10 weeks holidays per year (not a typo!)
About Us– Earlwood Caring for Kids Inc (ECFKI) is a vibrant, accredited 125 place, before and after school care service located in Earlwood 2206. We are run by a dedicated and committed Parent Committee who value and support our experienced team of six permanent and seven casual staff. We have our own premises with a large outdoor area (including a nature playground & garden).
There are currently some exciting positions available for dedicated & enthusiastic people who love working with school aged children: 1-2 Educational Leader positions & 2-3 Permanent Educators (both BASC and ASC only available).
About the roles– Educational Leader/s: We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and qualified person/s for this role. Supported by a passionate Director, Coordinator & team of senior educators, this role involves (but is not limited to) leading the team in providing a varied and exciting daily program based on children’s needs and interests; managing resources & equipment and leading the critical reflection process across the service. The Educational Leader will have extensive knowledge of developmental theory, My Time Our Place, the NQS & various programming methods. They will excel in demonstrating and communicating these with the team to ensure the program meets all legislative and philosophical requirements.
The right person, through their passion for planning and reflection, will inspire, motivate and support their team in a meaningful and experienced way. This in turn will ensure the children, families and local community are part of a high quality, inclusive & progressive OOSH service.
Permanent Educators: This role is the face of our centre- engaging and building relationships with all children and families; planning fun and varied activities and ensuring a safe and home like environment. There is a strong emphasis on professional development and upskilling of roles to ensure all permanent educators show growth and skill development during their time at ECFKI.
Selection Criteria- for both positions:
• Current NSW Working with Children Check; Current First Aid Certificate, CPR and Asthma & Anaphylaxis certificate; Child Protection Certificate or willing to obtain.
• Comprehensive understanding of National Regulations and National Quality Framework & My Time Our Place • Highly developed team and communication skills, both written and oral
• Understanding of the developmental needs of 5-12-year old children
• Minimum availability- Educational Leader: 3 mornings and 5 afternoons Educators: 2 mornings and 3-5 afternoons. Additional Criteria
• Minimum 2 years working in a school age setting.
• Relevant certificate or Diploma qualification preferred.
• Experience in programming a variety of child centred activities, routines and long-term projects • Ability to lead and inspire the team through the critical reflection process
To apply- Please send any enquiries AND a letter of introduction addressing the selection criteria and current resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 30th October 2020. Positions to begin in term 4 2020 or end of January 2021.
OOSH Director / Nominated Supervisor – Permanent Full Time Role
Abbotsford Community Centre in Sydney’s Inner West is a not for profit before and after school and vacation care service licensed for 150 children. The service operates from a spacious dedicated site in the grounds of Abbotsford Public School. ACC adopts the principles of the My Time, Our Place framework by providing children with opportunities to maximise their potential and develop life skills through quality programs which reflect the values of play and social interactions of children in middle childhood.
ACC provides a safe, caring and stimulating environment for school aged children as well as a positive and supportive work environment for our staff. The Centre is part of a close and friendly school community who value the role the OOSH plays in the care and education of their children, assisting parents in their efforts to balance work and family life.
Abbotsford Community Centre is offering an exciting opportunity to a professional, motivated and skilled individual to become our new director and join our parent management committee in leading the centre through these challenging times.
The Director is the nominated supervisor, managing the day to day operation of the centre and providing quality-focused educational leadership, supported by an enthusiastic, committed and caring team of permanent and casual educators, support staff and parent management committee.
A key responsibility of the Director is to ensure compliance with the National Quality Framework (NQF) and the Framework for School Age Care – My Time, Our Place. The Director’s sound knowledge and understanding of the NQF, NQS and the School Age Learning Framework, will inform the design, implementation and evaluation of stimulating and engaging learning and leisure programs.
An ideal candidate will not only possess proven experience in managing an OOSH program, but be well presented, enjoy working as a team member and bring a high level of enthusiasm and initiative to the workplace.
- Diploma or Certificate IV Children’s Services, OOSH, Recreation; or Degree or Diploma Primary Teaching.
- CHCPRT001 Accredited Child Protection
- HLTAID004 First aid certificate
- Working with Children and Criminal History Checks
- Computer literacy including knowledge of CCS software
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an OOSH Coordinator / Director
- Sound knowledge of National Quality Framework, Regulations and Standards. Proven experience leading a successful NQF assessment to a standard of ‘Meeting’ or higher is desirable
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation, nutritional practices and the hygienic handling of food and equipment in a childcare setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to motivate staff and foster a positive team environment
- Proven people management skills including individual development, performance planning, and review
- Proven ability to design and implement learning and leisure programs for school aged children
- Experience with financial and account management, administrative skills including excellent record keeping, rostering and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain professional relationships with the management committee, parents and school
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident)
- Permanent fulltime role (38 hours per week)
- Above award conditions
- Professional development opportunities offered
- Supportive team environment and management committee in a friendly school community
- Close to public transport
$65,000 – $95,000 a year (based on experience) plus Superannuation and allowances
Please send applications and queries to AccooshRecruitment@gmail.com by COB on Friday 2nd October 2020.
Catholic Out of School Hours Care Service Coordinator
Are you seeking to combine your love of caring for primary school children with your leadership skills to nurture a small team and contribute to the mission of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Parramatta? Then this Service Coordinator role at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School in Rydalmere is made for you!
In August 2019, Bishop Vincent Long, Bishop of Parramatta, announced the establishment of a new Diocesan agency, Catholic Diocese of Parramatta Services Limited (CDPSL), a not-for-profit charity.
This agency supports the charitable works of the Diocese and is expanding its network of Catholic Out of School Hours Care (COSHC) services.
Working in our Early Education & Care team, you’ll be joining at a time of growth and creating innovative programs within the approved learning framework “My Time, Our Place”. With a focus on operating a quality service and a caring workplace, no two days are ever the same!
- The effective day to day leadership of your COSHC and team with a focus on coaching
- Monitoring and ensuring we meet our regulatory obligations under the National Quality Framework
- Providing consistent high-quality services in a safe and caring environment
- Managing staff allocation, resources and budget
- Building relationships with families and carers
- Looking for opportunities for continuous learning and ensuring the culture and values of CDPSL which are based on Respect, Encouragement and Care
As a Service Coordinator you will be expected to consent to the responsibilities of the Nominated Supervisor.
Our centres typically open between 6.30am and 6.30pm Monday through Friday with shifts organised to give you flexibility during the middle of day.
You’ll bring to the role relevant work experience in the care and education of children e.g. OOSH, vacation or long day care. Ideally you will possess a Certificate 3 or 4 or Diploma in “Children’s Services” or commensurate sector experience. You must have:
- A valid Working with Children’s Check
- Working rights in Australia
If you want to join the team apply now or contact Ms. Kaajal Khelawan 0417 848 540 for a confidential chat!
OSHC Coordinator / Nominated Supervisor
Armidale & District Family Day Care Limited, a not for profit, community based organisation, is seeking a permanent, part time Coordinator/Nominated Supervisor for our After School Care and Vacation Care programmes.
Role: To take leadership of the day to day operations of the services and provide strong educational leadership. The role includes planning of quality programmes for after school care and vacation care and ensuring compliance with the Care and Education Services National Regulations, 2011 and the National Quality Framework.
Working Hours: 30 hours per week during school terms, up to 38 hours per week during Vacation Care.
Salary and Conditions: As per Children’s Service Award, 2020 based on qualifications and experience.
– Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent qualification;
– Current Working With Children Check;
– HLTAID001/3/4 CPR, First Aid and Emergency Response in an Education and Care Setting (asthma and anaphylaxis);
– Driver’s Licence;
– CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm.
– Experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of programmes for children 5 to 12 years;
– Willingness to fulfil the obligations of a Nominated Supervisor, including ensuring children’s health and hygiene, safety and well-being and risk management;
– Demonstrated skills in the supervision and positive behaviour management of school- aged children;
– Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills;
– Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
– Effective computer skills and willingness to learn industry specific software programmes;
– Understanding of the Care and Education Services National Regulations, 2011 and the National Quality Framework My Time, Our Place;
– Effective time management skills.
Applications Close: 27 August 2020.
All applicants must obtain an Application from:
The Business Manager,
Armidale & District Family Day Care Limited,
Ph: (02) 6772 5300
OSHC Coordinator / Nominated Supervisor
Community Capacity · Summer Hill, New South Wales
3Bridges Community is a not for profit organization providing a variety of programs and services to communities across Sydney. We operate 8 Outside School Hours Care services at Penshurst, Penshurst West, Narwee, Mortdale, Summer Hill, Milperra, Rockdale and Mascot, delivering the highest quality services across Sydney.
Annual salary – Competitive Salary based on experience + attractive Salary packaging benefits.
Coordinator OSHC Summer Hill – permanent, 76 hours/ fortnight during school term & Vacation care. Works BASC shifts Mon to Fri 7am to 9am and 2.30pm to 6.00pm. Includes 21 hours per fortnight for admin and educational leadership. The role does not include the administration of childcare fees and bookings. Service approved for 90 places at Summer Hill Public School.
Coordinator OSHC – Focus is leadership of the day to day operations and planning of quality programs and best practice for before, after school and vacation care, ensuring compliance with the National Quality Framework, and providing strong team and Educational leadership.
To be successful in the Coordinator role, you will need:
- Diploma or Certificate IV Children’s Services, OOSH, or Degree or Diploma Primary Teaching.
- First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis management certification
- Valid working with Children Check clearance
- CHCCHILD401A or CHCPRT001 – Identify and Respond to Children and young people at Risk.
Essential selection criteria:
- Experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of programs for children aged 5 to12 years within an education and care or recreational setting.
- At least one-year of demonstrated success in leading an OSHC service.
- Capacity and willingness to consent to and fulfil the obligations of a Nominated Supervisor including ensuring children’s health and hygiene, safety and wellbeing, risk management.
- Demonstrated capacity to follow and lead educator implementation of children’s service policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills in the supervision and positive behaviour management of school aged children.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership skills and an ability to direct and develop staff on-the-job.
- Demonstrated ability to source information and advice to meet the needs of children and families.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment within a multiple service context.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of the Care and Education Services National Regulations 2011, the My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Aged Care in Australia, Children’s Care and Protection legislation and Duty of Care principles.
- Understanding of needs of children with additional support needs and ability to accommodate these needs within the program.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and effective time management.
Applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered.
As an EEO employer we welcome applications from people of NESB and ATSI backgrounds.
Further details regarding the roles, please contact Louise Murray on 1300 327 434.
To apply please visit: https://3bridges.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=54