Jobs in OSHC Centres
Please note: Network of Community Activities provides this service to the OOSH sector. Network of Community Activities takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the advertisements listed. Please contact the advertiser directly if you require further information about a position.
Network strongly recommends that you never rely on interview alone to place a staff member. You must also check references – download our “Guide to Checking References” for information.
Click on the title to go to the advertisement (or just scroll down)
Green Umbrella OSHC
Would you like to lead a space for children that emphasises play, nature, exploration, creativity and critical thinking? Can you work cooperatively with children to help them discover, grow and learn? Kinma is a dynamic independent progressive school Terrey Hills offering a unique child-centred education in a beautiful bushland setting. Green Umbrella is Kinma’s out of school hours care program which launched in 2019. Within a caring, creative and connected school community, you will bring the skills and passion to help shape Green Umbrella into the perfect place for kids to thrive outside of school hours.
About the role
You will ensure the effective operation of the after-school care program, which will initially run 3 afternoons a week. The supervisor will:
- Ensure the effective operation of the after-school care program
- Fulfil the responsibilities of a Nominated Supervisor
- Oversee all procedural, educational programming, regulatory, policy, staffing, and operational issues
- Inform the Green Umbrella committee on policy, financial, educational, regulatory, staffing, and operational issues
- Support the development and implementation of varied and interesting programs as per requirements of National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
The position is 20 hours per week, with face to face care 3 to 6pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
We are looking for a caring, creative leader to deliver quality education and care to children and families and to manage our small (licenced for 30 children) part time (3 days a week initially) out of school hours care service.
You will have
- Skills in connecting and communicating with children and families
- A Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care, an equivalent qualification or working towards this
- Experience running an OSHC service
- Deep knowledge of the NQF as it applies to after school care and My Time Our Place
- Emotional maturity and stability
- The ability to self-organise and manage your time effectively
- Be able to work autonomously
- Experience supervising or leading others
- Experience with all administrative aspects of running an out of school hours care service
In addition, you will have:
- A current Working with Children Check
- First aid, anaphylaxis and asthma certificate (HLTAID004)
- Evidence of completed Child Protection Training
Please send a cover letter and your resume by 24 January 2020 with the names and contact details for two referees to:
Amy Webster – Chair, Green Umbrella OSHC
Out of School Hours Coordinator/Educator
Double Bay Out of School Hours
- Double Bay, overlooking Sydney Harbour
- Well serviced by Ferries, Buses and Trains
- Lead a very stable team with support of Parent-run Committe
About the organisation
We are looking for an inspiring and motivated Co-ordinator / Educator for our busy 75 place Out of School Hours service based in Double Bay overlooking beautiful Sydney Harbour.
A two-minute walk to the Ferry and a ten-minute walk from Edgecliff station. Our service has a fantastic environment and very supportive Parent-run Committee and School Community.
About the role
The Co-ordinator/Educational Leader will be responsible for ensuring that the Centre meets all its regulatory obligations and will work collaboratively with the Parent Committee to maintain a high standard of care and education to the K-6 children.
The Co-ordinator will be the Nominated Supervisor, thus responsible for all day to day service operations.
The successful applicant will be required to work a minimum of 2 mornings and 4 afternoons per week with administration time.
The Centre operates Vacation Care each school holidays (EXCEPT over the Summer holiday period when staff take annual leave).
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Demonstrated record of effectively leading an Out of School Hours Centre
- Minimum Certificate IV in Out of School Hours care or equivalent
- Understanding of Out of School Hours Care philosophy and approaches
- Understanding of the National Quality Framework for Out of School Hours Care · Commitment to continuous improvement and quality practice
- Commitment to ongoing professional development including qualifications Highly desirable
- Tertiary qualifications
- Emergency Asthma Training certificate
- Anaphylaxis Management certificate
- Unrestricted Driving Licence
An ABOVE AWARD salary package will be offered to the successful candidate along with ongoing professional development opportunities.
How to apply
This is an immediate vacancy, please direct any queries to: