Are you an existing service who wants to increase the maximum number of children that may be educated and cared for at any time?
Making the application: Log in to the NQAITS. Go to Educator/Providers – NQAITS.
Once in your portal
- Complete Application for amendment of service approval (form SA03)
(You must provide sufficient reasons for the change of maximum number and attach evidence to make sure your application will be processed quickly. (can take up to 60 days)
Services will need to include plans by a building practitioner, including a floor plan showing amount of unencumbered indoor space (3.25 sq. m) and outdoor space (7 sq. m). If structural changes have been made to the service, remember to complete form SA12 Notice of change to information about an approved service.
Applications will be assessed and a determination made within 60 days of the application being determined valid by the Regulatory Authority. Providing all the relevant information has been completed.
IF YOU ARE SERVICE WITH TRANSITIONAL ARRANGEMENTS IN PLACE (ESSENTIALLY A SERVICE THAT EXISTED PRIOR TO JAN 1ST 2012 – NOTE THIS ON YOUR APPLICATION.
Consideration should be given to the following:
- Planning for the growth in numbers
- Staffing requirements and job roles – may need more experienced Educators or a re-structure
- Communication with families on the waiting list, staff and venue
- Addressing space requirements & re-organising the space
- Provision of resources and equipment
- Supervision practices – dependant on the growth