In partnerships with all state governments across Australia, ACECQA has published an updated Guide to the National Quality Framework (February 2018), including an option to order printed copies. https://www.acecqa.gov.au/nqf/about/guide The Guide, which was initially released in September 2017 however, required some minor changes to align with the 2018 National Quality Standard. For example, some regulation references needed.Read more
Category Archives: OOSH Update
Many services will be aware of new immunisation requirement, which came into effect from January 2018. These new requirements do not apply to OOSH services. Currently the following children are exempt from the new requirements: Children who are enrolled in formal schooling (for example, attending before and after school care both on school campuses or externally) Service.Read more
It’s official: it’s 2018. After relaxing holiday break followed by Vacation care for some of you, we are excited at Network to begin another year of working with OOSH services throughout NSW. The beginning of a new year is always a time for reflection, and many of us like to make personal resolutions such as.Read more
How to gather Children’s Interests at your Centre and give them opportunities to have a “Voice” and be heard.Some ideas
- Graffiti Wall - place a large sheet of paper on a wall in a central location with sticky notes and coloured pens. Invite the children to share their ideas, suggestions, questions and concerns. Maybe.
- All new executive members (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and the Public Officer) of the management committee need to complete: PA02 – Declaration of Fitness and Propriety (ACECQA – Educators & Providers Library- Applications & Notifications)
- The above named committee members will also need to apply for a volunteer WWCC.
If you are looking to increase your numbers prior to the 2018 school year, then you will need to complete the following:Read more
- Amendment of service approval SA03
Many services have to put in places a Code of Conduct for parents/carers using the service. A Code of Conduct set out guidance for respectful communication & ensures that everyone who visits the service is able to do so in a safe and friendly manner. It also ensures that children, Educators, and other visitors are not.Read more
Creating a culture of gratitude make for a happier and more engaged workplace. There are many studies detailing how gratitude makes us nicer, more trusting and more appreciative. If you want to end year on the right note, then it is time to show your gratitude and make your employee’s feel appreciated. You will be.Read more
Be aware there are a number of OOSH services & schools currently experiencing a chicken pox outbreak. What are the symptoms?Read more
- Chickenpox begins with a sudden onset of slight fever, runny nose, feeling generally unwell and a skin rash.
- The rash usually begins as small lumps that turn into blisters and then scabs.
- The rash appears.
The National Laws and Regulations require a First Aider on site at all times however, best practice would be to have all Educators with First Aid knowledge and training. The correct course to complete a First Aid qualification with the following code HLTAID004 that includes asthma and anaphylaxis management. More comprehensive asthma and anaphylaxis management courses are.Read more