The Young Journalist Prize asked pupils to enter an article on a subject that matters to them, and which could make a difference in their community. One of this year’s winning articles was written by Caiden Clift age 11 on the subject or “Playing out”: I believe it is very important that we take steps to encourage.Read more
About: Michelle Buckland
Recent Posts by Michelle Buckland
Don’t forget that when your management changes they now have to obtain a WWCC. Please take the following steps when your Approved Provider/members of your management committee changes. If at anytime, and especially after the AGM, any members of your management committee (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and the Public Officer) change, they need to do.Read more
OOSH Educators build strong trusting relationships with children and on occasions children will disclose information that is sometime confronting. These occasions require sensitivity, as well as:Read more
- Giving the child your full attention.
- Maintaining a calm appearance.
- Don't be afraid of saying the "wrong" thing.
- Reassure the child it is right to tell.
- Accept the child.
Section 25A(1) of the Ombudsman Act outlines 'reportable conduct. Reportable conduct is any sexual offence or sexual misconduct committed against, with or in the presence of a child. Organisations are required to notify the Ombudsman Office as soon as practicable or within 30 days if there are any occasions/or incidents that meet the reportable conduct.Read more
Use these tips to ensure your practices and knowledge is current.Read more
- Team Meeting Agendas – Have Child Protection as an item on team meeting agenda – this encourages Educators to raise concerns, ask questions and allows for discussion.
- Mandatory Reporting Guide – Give new Educators time to look through the MRG
- Work through the MRG.
OOSH Educators have an important role to play in child protection. This lies not only in the detection and reporting of possible cases of child abuse but also in contributing to the ongoing support and monitoring of the abused child. Their role can only be properly carried out if Educators are equipped with the relevant.Read more
"Thinking Differently About Play" Tour November 2017. A chance not to be missed by anybody with an interest in wellbeing, play spaces and healthy communities..Read more
17 - 19 November, Wollongong. Bookings now open! Check out the 3 Day Program and join in the groovy fun!.Read more
Please read Jenny Gratton’s reflection on a Fathers day activity – Jenny is a Co-ordinator from SHARE in Summer Hill and they have 150 children everyday. "How sweet it is.’’ Story of a father day gift... We had been thinking about a fathers days project for some time and had contemplated picked onions, however upon reflection decided that.Read more
Reflective practice is a concept many Educators struggle with… to sum up reflective practice isRead more
- Exploring an issue in your work with children
- Thinking about the situation
- Drawing conclusions inform or improve practice
- Educator’s reflective journals
- Meetings and educators discussions
- Mentoring and one-on-one discussions with other Educators. .
Recent Comments by Michelle Buckland
No comments by Michelle Buckland yet.